- RSS Channel Showcase 7020773
- RSS Channel Showcase 7897488
- RSS Channel Showcase 8905848
- RSS Channel Showcase 7863619
Articles on this Page
- 07/25/18--01:30: _How to ethically vo...
- 07/27/18--05:28: _Facts about plastic...
- 08/09/18--00:00: _Three ways to earn ...
- 08/23/18--01:00: _Six animal species ...
- 08/28/18--03:48: _Seven volunteer hol...
- 08/31/18--07:37: _Learn more about en...
- 09/06/18--02:02: _Fiji’s top developm...
- 09/09/18--20:23: _In case you missed ...
- 09/11/18--06:38: _Volunteer holidays ...
- 09/12/18--00:29: _Can short-term volu...
- 09/26/18--08:22: _How to be a respons...
- 09/04/18--20:56: _GVI Laos Monthly Ac...
- 09/30/18--17:00: _In case you missed ...
- 10/08/18--01:20: _Four reasons to vol...
- 10/16/18--02:00: _Seven ways you can ...
- 07/25/18--01:30: How to ethically volunteer with elephants in Thailand
- 08/09/18--00:00: Three ways to earn your PADI Divemaster with GVI
- 08/23/18--01:00: Six animal species and how they are affected by climate change
- 08/28/18--03:48: Seven volunteer holidays for families
- 09/06/18--02:02: Fiji’s top development concerns and how you can help
- 09/09/18--20:23: In case you missed it: GVI Laos March MAR
- 09/11/18--06:38: Volunteer holidays with animals: How to ethically give back
- 09/12/18--00:29: Can short-term volunteering really have an impact?
- 09/26/18--08:22: How to be a responsible traveler with GVI
- 09/30/18--17:00: In case you missed it: GVI Laos May 2018 MAR
- 10/08/18--01:20: Four reasons to volunteer in Thailand
- 10/16/18--02:00: Seven ways you can help save the world’s oceans
It’s the quintessential Thailand experience: riding, washing, or playing with an elephant. Lots of fun for you and your new big friendly giant (BFG) friend – right? Not quite. Unfortunately, volunteer programs that let you get this close to an elephant are putting the experiences of volunteers above the care and wellbeing of the elephants. […]
It seems nearly impossible to escape plastic in our everyday lives, doesn’t it? From our keyboards and computer screens, to televisions and cellphones – plastic is always at our fingertips. Our reliance on plastic has become an epidemic. Plastic can take almost five to six decades to decompose. In some cases, the process takes millions […]
Explore underwater worlds and sea-based careers with one of GVI’s PADI Divemaster internships. Dive into a marine career by becoming a PADI Divemaster. Getting this certification as you carry out an internship in marine conservation in some of the most spectacular dive locations in the world is an aquatic dream come true. What is PADI […]
Climate change has become an every day term in today’s day and age. But have you thought about what this phenomenon means in reality? Changes in temperature might not seem dramatic, but we are already seeing devastating results: • Some islands no longer exist. • The occurrence of natural disasters is increasing. • A number […]
Your whole family will thrive when you embark on a volunteer abroad program together. The family that travels together stays together. Family holidays are a chance to spend meaningful time together and build precious memories. For an experience that your whole family will cherish, consider swapping out your typical vacation for a volunteer abroad project. […]
Do you love sea turtles? Are you concerned about them being endangered and want to learn what can be done about it? Marine environments are incredibly fragile, and the sea life that depends on it for survival is increasingly threatened by pollution, human development, overfishing, and climate change, just to name a few. Marine conservation […]
If you’ve always loved the ocean and are looking to make a genuine impact, look no further than volunteering in Fiji. Located in the South Pacific and sitting roughly halfway between Australia and Hawaii, Fiji is home to white sand beaches, pristine waters, and some of the world’s friendliest people. Ask anyone who has been […]
GVI Laos Monthly Achievement Report March 2018: WEP Micro Enterprise ‘Tsev Neeg’ Objectives To provide health, life-skills and vocational classes to the local community Improving employment opportunities and socioeconomic status of community members. To provide educational opportunities to all students in the local community, regardless of socio-economic status, ethnicity and gender: To provide equal educational opportunities […]
Want to make a difference and travel the world? Find a wildlife volunteer holiday you’re passionate about and have a direct impact on the planet. Responsible volunteer holidays are one of the best ways to interact with animals in a sustainable and ethical way. You just need to pick an organization that shares your same […]
Does the length of a volunteer program affect its outcomes? Short-term volunteering overseas is viewed negatively by some, but with the right planning, a brief stint can be as effective as a longer stay. Some good things take time – others can happen quickly. Volunteering for a longer period might allow you more time to […]
This World Tourism Day we’re taking a look at how to be a responsible tourist. Show how much you love the countries you travel to by supporting sustainable tourism. Every traveler can choose whether they have a positive impact on local communities and environments. When you travel, make informed choices to ensure your time, money, […]
Objectives To increase access to education in rural areas To improve quality of education in Laos for students taught by GVI: Improve students’ English language ability To provide educational opportunities to all students in the local community, regardless of socio-economic status, ethnicity and gender: To provide equal educational opportunities for both females and males In […]
GVI Laos Monthly Achievement Report May 2018: Menstrual Health Monitoring and Evaluation and Conference Objectives To provide health, life-skills and vocational classes to the local community: Increase females’ access, understanding and awareness of health related topics through classes and workshops To provide equal educational opportunities for both females and males: To increase awareness of […]
Photo: Alex Carter The internet is flooded with awe-inspiring pictures of white sand beaches, mountaintop views, and everyday travelers volunteering around the world. After a while you start to think, “How can I get there? How can I make this happen for me?” Why not begin your journey as a volunteer with GVI? With two locations […]
Our oceans cover 71% of the earth’s surface and they are a valuable resource to all living creatures. Without water, no life on earth is possible, so we have to be pro-active in conserving this irreplaceable resource Whether you are a recreational diver or just a fan of the big blue, we can all do something […]